Current Scholarship Opportunities
Scholarship opportunities are e-mailed to seniors throughout the year from Mr. Scott Woodland, Guidance Counselor. The below opportunities have also been sent via email.
AXA Achievement Scholarship
- $1.4 million awarded
- Scholarships in the amount of $2,500, $10,000 and $25,000
- A winner in every state, Washington D.C., Puerto Rico, and in every local community where AXA has a presence
- Only the first 10,000 applications will be accepted. APPLY EARLY!
- Every winner’s high school will also receive a grant of $1,000
Deadline: December 15, 2016
Cyberbullying Prevention for Teens Scholarship
$1000 non-renewable scholarship. All participants must research and submit a 600-1000 word essay regarding the following topic "Why and How to Stop Cyberbullying".
Who can apply? Any high school student planning to attend college. Restricted to US citizens.
More information available at: http://www.parentinn.com/scholarship
Deadline: February 28, 2017
Elks National Foundation Most Valuable Student Scholarship
The 2017 Most Valuable Student scholarship contest is open to any high school senior who is a US Citizen. Applicants will be judged on scholarship, leadership, and financial need.
Deadline: November 30, 2016
Jack Kent Cooke Foundation College Scholarship Program
The Jack Kent Cooke Foundation College Scholarship Program is an undergraduate scholarship program available to high-achieving high school seniors with financial need who seek to attend and graduate from the nation's best four-year colleges and universities. Selected from a nationwide pool of applicants, up to 40 students will become Jack Kent Cooke Scholars and have access to funding for up to four years for undergraduate studies.
Each award is intended to cover a significant share of the student’s educational expenses – including tuition, living expenses, books and required fees. Awards vary by individual, based on the cost of tuition as well as other grants or scholarships he or she may receive.
This highly competitive scholarship includes:
- Up to $40,000 per year to attend a four-year accredited undergraduate school
- Ability to pursue any area of study
- Personal advising about selecting a college and navigating financial aid
- Multifaceted advising about how to transition to college and maximize the college student experience
At a minimum, applicants must:
- Plan to graduate from a US high school in spring 2017
- Intend to enroll in an accredited four-year college beginning in fall 2017
- Earn a cumulative unweighted GPA of 3.5 or above
- SAT combined critical reading and math score of 1200 (based on the old SAT scores) or above and/or ACT composite score of 26 or above
- Demonstrate significant unmet financial need. We will consider applicants with family income up to $95,000. However, we anticipate that a majority of scholarship recipients will be eligible to receive a Pell grant
Visit website for information and to fill out an application: http://www.jkcf.org/scholarship-programs/college-scholarship/how-to-apply/
Deadline: November 30, 2016
DVRHS Local Scholarship Application Process
Applications for the Class of 2017 will be available in early 2017.
The Local Scholarship Application includes scholarships that are awarded to DVRHS seniors by school or community organizations.
Additional Scholarship Opportunities
partners with 180 colleges to offer micro-scholarships to students for their achievements starting as early as the 9th grade. Students can earn micro-scholarships for their grades in core classes, their involvement in a club or sport, their volunteer hours, and more things they are already doing! When students are accepted into a partner college, the micro-scholarships they earn will automatically be calculated into their financial aid package for that college. Use the following link to sign-up for Raise.me: https://www.raise.me/join/6305767827
- A simple and easy to use app created by a group of Drexel students. Scholly has been featured on Shark Tank and has on just about every major media outlet. Cost: $2.99.
: There are many scholarships listed in the scholarship search engines on Naviance. Click on Colleges, and scroll down to the Scholarships section.
: A comprehensive free scholarship search site.