Our district’s primary mission centers on offering students a sound, challenging academic program in an environment that promotes the social and emotional growth and development of each student. Strong core curricular offerings, Advanced Placement courses, clubs, co-curricular activities, service projects and athletic opportunities provide students with a well-rounded Del Val experience.
Our integrated Plan for Academic Development (iPAD), introduced in September, enables students to implement 21st Century skills by interfacing with their on-demand and technology-dependent world through use of a mobile learning device in preparation for successful careers and college pursuits. Del Val staff work in concert to prepare our students for their successful future.
In support of these efforts, the Board of Education has approved the following goals to guide the district’s course of action for the year:
· Facilitate public understanding of the district budget and the allocation of taxpayer dollars by conducting work sessions in public during the development of the 2013-2014 budget;
· Using the criteria established through extensive staff and community input during the 2011-2012 school year, select and employ a new superintendent to lead the district effective July 1, 2013;
· Improve articulation and explore cost savings within and among the five sending districts through regular dialog among board and administrative representatives from each district regarding a common calendar, curriculum, shared services, and programs;
· Prepare for the development of a district Strategic Plan through pre-planning efforts including review of planning models, selection of a facilitator, budgeting for related planning costs, and collection of baseline data;
· Establish a methodology and protocols for collection of data for longitudinal monitoring and analysis of student achievement in order to guide program improvements and inform the Board and the public.
The Board, administrators, and staff are vested in the achievement of these goals.
Throughout the year we look forward to our many scheduled events for students, parents, and community members and hope that you will join us. In partnership with Alexandria Township, Frenchtown, Holland Township, Kingwood Township, and Milford, Delaware Valley Regional High School District continues its commitment to excellence in education for all students. Thank you for celebrating our students and their accomplishments through your continued involvement and support.