PERFORMING ARTS BOOSTERS SENIOR SCHOLARSHIP GUIDELINES
For the current academic school year, 2019 - 2020, the Delaware Valley Performing Arts Boosters will award up to three $1,000 scholarships to three graduating seniors pursuing a degree in the Performing Arts. To be eligible for the scholarship, the senior must meet the following criteria:
Have a minimum of three years combined participation in any of the Del Val Performing Art programs including, but not limited to, Marching Band, Concert Band, Concert Choir, Vox Auri or one of the Acapella groups, Jazz Band, Indoor Percussion, or Theater productions.
- A minimum grade point average of 83.
- Successful completion and submission of application and essay to Guidance Department by specified deadline (see below).
- Be pursuing a two- or four-year degree in music (vocal or instrumental performance, education, therapy, etc.) or theater (performance, stage design, etc.) at a college or university; or be participating in a music or theater related apprenticeship or certificate program.
The Officers of Performing Arts Boosters consisting of the President, Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer will review all applications and select the scholarship awardee(s). In the event the majority of the Officers have children who are also applicants, a committee will be appointed to perform the review and select the awardee (s). If no qualified candidates are identified, the Officers may elect not to issue the scholarship in a given year.
Essay Questions: Please choose one
1) Detail your involvement within the Del Val music or theater program(s) including both curricular and extracurricular activities. What has your involvement meant to your continued artistic growth?
2) Speak about your future plans in music or theater. Where are you attending college? What is your designated college major? What about your musical or theater experience at Del Val has prepared you for a career in the arts?
3) Highlight any experiences outside of Del Val that demonstrates your dedication to music or theater.
4) Describe your “aha” moment when you knew that music or theater was something you had “to do” for the rest of your life.
APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED ANNUALLY EACH MAY THROUGH GUIDANCE OFFICE