Frenchtown Elementary School District is honored to have been selected as a
School Choice District
by the New Jersey Department of Education
2017-2018 ENROLLMENT PROCESS
THE NEXT ROUND OF APPLICATIONS HAS BEGUN. THIS IS FOR ENROLLMENT IN SEPTEMBER OF 2017. PARENTS MUST ACT SOON TO MEET DEADLINES BELOW.
As a Choice District, Frenchtown may accept students for enrollment from other communities without expense to the parent. The application process for next year has begun and students accepted to attend Frenchtown Elementary School will start in September of 2015. Any students currently attending other New Jersey schools or students preparing to enroll in kindergarten are eligible to apply for enrollment in Frenchtown.
The first step is to complete an application and send it to Frenchtown Elementary School care of Christina DallaPalu before the December 1, 2016 deadline. You also must send the Notice of Intent to Participate form to your district of residence by December 1, 2016. (district of residence is your home district)
Click on the following to print the Application and the Notice of Intent to Participate forms.
You can also call Frenchtown's main office for an Intent to Participate form (908-996-2751) or visit the school. We can assist you with this process and answer any questions you may have.
Please visit us. Rather than an open house we offer personalized visits. Visits include questions and answers by the Principal, tours of the school, and additional information as requested by parents. You can contact the school for visitor information and making an appointment by calling 908-996-2751,
Below is the process and timeline for enrollment:
1. Parent sends application to Frenchtown School by December 1, 2016.
2. Parent sends intent to participate form to resident district superintendent by December 1, 2016.
3. Frenchtown will send a confirmation of enrollment to your resident district by December 6,2016.
4. Your residence district verifies your enrollment with Frenchtown by December 13, 2016.
5. A lottery may be held if necessary and completed by December 19, 2016.
6. Frenchtown sends parent Notice of Conditional Acceptance, Rejection, or Waiting List letter by December 20, 2016.
7. Parent completes Student's Notice of Intent to Enroll form to Frenchtown by January 6, 2017.
8. Frenchtown completes a final notification of enrollment to parent by January 16, 2017.
9. Transportation Requests from Frenchtown to district of residence by March 15, 2017.
As part of Frenchtown school's personalized level of service, you can always call the school to set up an appointment to discuss your children, have a private tour, and answer any questions you may have about our school. We are very proud of who we are, the environment we provide, and the learning that takes place in Frenchtown. Take a look at our Good News page on our website to learn more about our school.
Additional information on Interdistrict Public School Choice program can be accessed through the New Jersey Department of Education web pages using the links below.
The Interdistrict Public School Choice Act of 2010.