How to Register for Next Year's Classes in PowerSchool
Below are directions. Click here for a pdf document with the directions found below.
Use the following procedure to request classes for the next year.
- Log into PowerSchool using a browser (NOT THE APP): https://sis.dvrhs.org/public/home.html
- On the start page, click Class Registration from the navigation menu on the left column. The Class Registration page appears.
- Click the Pencil icon to select courses from each subject. The Course Request pop-up window appears.
- Be sure to scroll to the bottom and click to the next page of choices.
- Click the checkboxes next to the courses you would like to take.
- Scroll to the bottom of the window, note how many courses you may select.
- Click Okay button when you have finished making your choices.
- The Course Request pop-up window closes. A green checkmark appears in the area for which you selected courses.
- Note: An exclamation mark appears if courses need to be selected for an area.
- Repeat Step 2 through Step 6 for each course request.
- Be sure to click Submit. The [Scheduling Year] Course Requests page appears.
- A Road icon appears if a teacher has recommended the course. Click to view the recommending teacher.
- A Note icon appears if the course contains prerequisite notes. Click to view.
- Be careful to check the number of credits per course.
- Note when you are finished it will show how many credits you have requested and BE SURE TO HIT THE SUBMIT
- You may log back in to the PowerSchool portal and edit your choices.
- Again, remember you must perform your class requests via a browser such as Safari, rather than the app; the app does not include this functionality.