7/8 Honors & 8 ELA Announcements:
The 8th graders of KTS will go on the 2nd annual field trip to America's Grow- A- Row farm located in Pittstown, NJ. Students will learn about the topic of food waste and reduction, and how we, as a community, can contribute to the accessiblility and sustainability of fresh food for our local area, and beyond. Students will participate in active, on site discussions, and engage in voluntary service that aligns with Grow- A- Row's mission which is stated as follows:
"to positively impact as many lives as possible through a volunteer effort of planting, picking, rescuing, and delivering free fresh produce. At America’s Grow-a-Row we:
- Provide fresh, healthy produce to those in need
- Educate people of all generations about hunger and ways to help
- Introduce our youth to farming and healthy eating
- Cultivate in tomorrow’s leaders the habit of giving back
- Contribute to the sustainability of agriculture"