The Sketchbook Project!
Hello students! We are in the midst of a very interesting time and experiencing something that we will remember for our whole lives. Let's document our own experiences of this historical event! When we come back, it will be great to learn about all of your experiences. Years from now, this will be a fascinating time capsule of this moment in time.
I have given each of you your own sketchbook. Use this time at home to DRAW, COLLAGE, DOODLE about your life at this time. You can also WRITE STORIES, POEMS, THOUGHTS. You may use any materials you have available to you. I would like you to do at least one drawing per week, but I encourage you to do more. Lets have fun with this as a group of artists and see how creative we can be!
I will post idea starters throughout the week below on this page. I will be doing this project right a long with you, so I will post some of my sketches below as well. If you would like to share any of your work, you can take a photo and email it to me. (email@example.com) I would be happy to share them below.
Hello! You can sketch about anything you would like in your sketchbooks. Here's some idea starters if you need some inspiration! Also, feel free to add some idea starters in the comments.
1. Draw about something you are excited to have the opportunity to do.
2. We are all out of our normal routine. Draw about something "out of the ordinary" or unexpected.
3. Go outside! Sketch from observation.
4. Sketch about an activity you have been doing with your family/friends.
5. Draw about what you think you will be doing in 2 weeks. One month. This time next year.
6. Draw a portrait of someone around you. Have a pet? Draw a portrait of your pet!
7. Make a collage using any old magazines, newspapers, photos, etc.
8. If coronavirus was a cartoon character...
9. Before and after
10. Draw about another point of view. A family member? Pet? Grocery store worker? Nurse? Scientist?