Additional Music Activities 3-5 Grade
Students in Grades 3-5
Choose from one or more of the following activities!
Click HERE to comment.
BUCKET DRUMMING CLICK HERE
Online Music Games and Activities
The following websites have fun educational music games.
CLASSICS FOR KIDS CLICK HERE
CHROME MUSIC LAB CLICK HERE
PBS KIDS MUSIC CLICK HERE
Have a Dance Party
Turn up the music with your favorite songs and dance! Mix it up and play Freeze Dance.
Link to Ms. Button's youtube playlist.
Or go to Go Noodle for lots of interactive songs and dances.
Dance and Sing along at www.gonoodle.com
Family/friend sing along
- Have a family and/or friends sing along. Sing silly, folk, or favorite songs together.
- Make up a show using favorite songs and share it with your family.
- Hold a mini Frenchtown’s Got Talent! Take turns singing songs, dancing, or showing off your best talent!
Link to Mrs. Ippolito's youtube playlists
Make Your Own Instrument
Create your own instrument using things you have at home!
- Take two paper plates, put rice, macaroni, beads etc on one of the plates. Staple plates together. Decorate. Play your new shaker, drum, tambourine!
- Put rice, macaroni, beads etc inside a cup. Cover with a coffee filter, aluminum foil, plastic wrap etc. Play your new shaker!
- Turn a pot or bowl upside down. Find a plastic or wooden spoon. Play your new drum!
- Find a bucket and turn it upside down. Find a wooden spoon, chopsticks, spoon. Play your new Drum!
- Use your imagination! Make up your own instrument. Remember percussion instruments are struck, shaken, or scraped!
Play your new instrument along with your favorite song.
Share your music! Comment about the music activities you do at home on the Comments page under your grade. You can also keep a log at home and give it to Ms. Button when you return to school, if you prefer.
Feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions!