The Diversity Club- where EVERYONE is welcome!!!!
Love to get involved?
Consider joining the Diversity Club. We are a small club that wants to make a big statement, and we need students who are willing to help out in a big way. If you think all people deserve to be treated equally and that differences are what make us unique individuals then consider joining the Diversity Club. Send an email to Mrs. Cartwright at email@example.com or our club President Margo McGovern at firstname.lastname@example.org letting us know you are interested in joining and you will be put on the email list. Hope to see you at a meeting!
Events for 2018/2019:
- Ally Week September 24th to September 28th, 2018
- October 18th members of the Diversity Club and National Honor Society volunteered at the Safe in Hunterdon's Annual Candlelight Vigil. It was a wonderful experience where our help was greatly appreciated.
- October is LGBT History Month and Bullying Prevention Awareness Month- check out these awesome websites for more information on both: LGBT History Month and Stomp Out Bullying
- Thankful Board- From November 12th to the 21st Check out our Bulletin Board to see what Del Val is Thankful for!
- International Random Acts of Kindness Week February 11th to February 15th, 2019
- Day of Silence April 12th, 2019.
UPDATE: The Rainbow Fun(d) Run was a great success! We had over 40 particiapnts and were able to donate $450.00 to the American Foundation on Suicide Prevention. Excellent job- Check out our Thank You from AFSP!!!
What we do:
- Monthly meetings to discuss ways to promote upcoming events such as:
Coffee Houses with Student Council
Random Acts of Kindness Week
Day of Silence
Color Run (may or may not be an annual event)
- Any suggestions for events are welcome- that's how we created the Rainbow Fun(d) Run!