About the Board
The Frenchtown Board of Education works as a "Board of the Whole", rather than working in committees. Members are elected by the Frenchtown community, and work to establish policies, approve personnel, adopt budgets, approve curriculum, award bids and make final decisions on educational issues. Meetings are open to the public except when matters of confidentially are discussed, in conformance with the NJ Open Public Meetings Act.
Generally, most business and discussion occurs at our work session meeting, and any necessary action is taken at our regular meeting. Both meetings are open to the public.
Board Member Vacancy
The Frenchtown Board of Education recently accepted a resignation from one of its members. The board is accepting applications for a replacement candidate to serve from September 24, 2019 through December 31, 2020.
Qualifications of Office -
- A Board Member must be a citizen of the United States
- A Board Member must be a resident of the district for at least one year immediately preceding the member's election or appointment
- A Board member may bot be convisted of a felony
- A Board member must be able to read and write
- A Board member must be registered to vote in the district and not be disqualified from voting pursuant to N.J.S.A. 19:4-1
- A Board member cannot concurrenlty hold office as mayor or a member of the governing body of Frenchtown Borough
Interested parties must submit a letter of interest no later than September 15, 2019 to:
Frenchtown Board of Education
Attn: Teresa Barna, Board Secretary
902 Harrison Street
Frenchtown, NJ 08825
Candidates for the vacancy will be interviewed at the September 24, 2019 meeting of the Board of Education in the library of the Edith Ort Thomas Elementary School beginning at 6:45 PM.