Frenchtown Elementary School District is honored to have been selected as a
School Choice District
2022-2023 ENROLLMENT PROCESS
THE NEXT ROUND OF APPLICATIONS HAS BEGUN. THIS IS FOR ENROLLMENT IN SEPTEMBER OF 2022.
PARENTS MUST ACT SOON TO MEET DEADLINES BELOW.
As a Choice District, Frenchtown may accept students for enrollment from other communities without expense to the parent.
Any students currently attending other New Jersey schools or students preparing to enroll in kindergarten are eligible to apply for enrollment in Frenchtown.
The first step is to complete an application and send it to Frenchtown Elementary School care of James Hintenach, Principal, before the December 1, 2021 deadline. You also must send the Notice of Intent to Participate form to your district of residence by December 1, 2021. (district of residence is your home district)
Click on the following to print the Application and the Notice of Intent to Participate forms.
You can also call Frenchtown's main office for an Intent to Participate form (908-996-2751). We can assist you with this process and answer any questions you may have.
Please visit us. Rather than an Open House, we offer personalized visits. Visits include questions and answers by the Principal, tours of the school, and additional information as requested by parents.
You can contact the school for visitor information and to make an appointment by calling 908-996-2751.
Below is the process and timeline for enrollment:
1. Parent sends application to Frenchtown School by December 1, 2021.
2. Parent sends intent to participate form to resident district superintendent by December 1, 2021.
3. Frenchtown will send a confirmation of enrollment to your resident district by December 6, 2021.
4. Your residence district verifies your enrollment with Frenchtown by December 13, 2021.
5. A lottery may be held if necessary and completed by December 19, 2021.
6. Frenchtown sends parent Notice of Conditional Acceptance, Rejection, or Waiting List letter by December 21, 2021.
7. Parent completes Student's Notice of Intent to Enroll form to Frenchtown by January 6, 2022.
8. Frenchtown completes a final notification of enrollment to parent by January 16, 2022.
9. Transportation Requests from Frenchtown to district of residence by March 15, 2022.
Additional information on Interdistrict Public School Choice program can be accessed through the New Jersey Department of Education web pages using the links below.
The Interdistrict Public School Choice Act of 2010.